The ideal candidate will have both public and/or industry experience in the following areas:
- Develop new processes and process improvements across multiple functions.
- Lead new and review projects and deliverables for completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for the monthly close process for the more complex areas (journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis and addressing management inquiries)
- Assist staff accountants/support staff and global accounting team with accounting/finance/reporting related issues.
- Prepare monthly/financial analysis summarizing key drivers of differences between period and year-to-date actual vs. budget/projection vs. prior year comparable periods.
- Assist in preparing higher level, more complex ad-hoc reports and analysis
- Work directly with IT to help drive IT enabled solutions (process improvements, reporting, integration with offsite accounting systems, etc.)
- Determine opportunities for process improvements.
- Development of the optimal approach to remediate identified issues. Lead subsequent implementation.
- Process the move complex financial estimates/accruals for accounting/forecasting purposes.