Bridge Inspection Engineer
Long-Term Direct Career Opportunity
Take your career to the next level
“a salary increase is awaiting”
Empower your career with growth and challenges, job stability and a promotion that also includes an awesome comprehensive benefits package.
Tremendous Career Opportunity. Our client provides services to state departments of transportation, federal agencies, local and municipal governments. They are a Top consulting firm in the United States.
Enjoy working for a company that respects and encourages individual ability and creativity and values winning as a team. Our client is most interested in motivated individuals that are in pursuit of professional fulfillment with a passion for client satisfaction and an investment in the sustainability of our communities.
Immediate opening for a Bridge Inspection Engineer to join our bridge team. The Engineer in this position will work on a wide variety of bridge engineering assignments, including bridge inspections, load ratings, bridge rehabilitation projects, structural modeling and preparation of construction plans/specifications.
As a member of our bridge inspection team, the qualified candidate will perform structural safety inspections for various New York and New Jersey transportation agencies. In addition, the qualified candidate will assist with developing inspection schedules, securing required access equipment, developing and executing traffic control concepts, securing railroad access permits, and developing inspection reports and load rating calculations.
- Bachelor’s degree in the civil engineering field with emphasis in structures
- Minimum 4 years of bridge inspection experience OR 7 years of experience if you don't possess your PE
- Ability to work outside in a variety of climates such as hot summer temperatures in the 90s and low 100s, and winter temperatures in the 30s
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer in New Jersey and New York (or the ability to obtain with 6 months of hire)
- Completion of FHWA two week course Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges (130055)
- Experience with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and various engineering software systems: MicroStation, AutoCAD, In Roads, Land Desktop, Civil 3D
- Experience with load ratings and load rating software (LARS, Virtis)
- Completion of FHWA Fracture Critical Inspection course (130078)
- Experience with bridge design, inspection, load rating and analysis
- Local candidates preferred but will consider all applicants
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work
- Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects
- Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards
- Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer
- Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data
- Keeps Senior Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant to technical specialty
- May be asked to participate in non-design engineering activities such as construction inspection and materials testing, surveying, CADD production, and field data collection
- Assist or participate in preparation of business proposals
- Attend Project Manager training to begin to develop project management skills
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Position may require some travel to offices and client sites within their respective area, using various modes of transportation including automobile and airline.Travel requirements: Up to 10%.
EEO/AA employer. New hires must have documents that indicate they are eligible to work in the United States.
Extending unbelievable opportunities to AMBITIOUS TALENT. They are currently interviewing, extending offers and hiring all levels of professionals with Industry experience and motivation.
Our clients pay all fees. There is absolutely "no charge" to applicants. Plus it's a CONFIDENTIAL EXECUTIVE SEARCH. Please submit your resume, in MS WORD format, to email@example.com