Responsible for optical transceiver design and development from the phase of feasibility study, prototype, DVT, pilot run, qualification up to mass production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate and make selection on optical components (TOSA/ROSA) and electrical components
- Design optical transceiver hardware, conduct circuit simulation and guide PCB layout
- Act as technical leading role in coordinating and cooperating with multi-site engineers to plan and execute development schedule.
- Perform optical transceiver tuning, testing, failure analysis and characterization
- Support all the NPI activities to ensure successful product transfer
- Complete technical documents, including design specification, test report, BOM, work instruction etc.
- Support sales and marketing group to have design win
Training or skills required:
- Familiarity with communication protocol such as IEEE, ITU-T, OIF, Telcordia standard etc. and industrial requirements such as SFP, SFP+, XFP, CFP MSA etc.
- Proficiency with schematic, PCB layout, RF circuit simulation CAD
- Very knowledgeable on 100GBE gear box IC. Understanding MLSE algorithm is strong plus.
- Very knowledgeable on transmission line, signal integrity and EMI, ESD
- BS minimum in EE or Physics, MS or higher preferred
- 5+ years work experience of hardware design in Telecom and Datacom industry.
- 3+ years optical transceiver or transponder hardware design experience is desired, experience in 10G tunable transponder and 40G transponder is strong plus.
- Experience in engineering management is plus
BERT, DCA, Oscilloscope, RF Spectrum Analyzer, OSA, TDR and network analyzer etc.