Do you want to Stand out for good?
Altar’d State is seeking unique individuals who want a fulfilling career in fashion. We are the next big thing in retail, a fashion boutique that believes in giving back. Not only can associates work in a positive and fun environment, but our team is encouraged to get involved in the local community. Every associate can receive compensation for 4 hours each month of volunteer work.
In addition, Altar’d State supports communities through a unique initiative called Mission Mondays where 10% of every Monday’s proceeds go to local charities. We also look for partnerships vendors that share the company’s philosophy of giving back. For example, TOMS shoes, FashionABLE scarves, and Krochet Kids are available at most locations and each offer something back to those in need.
We are passionate about looking good and doing good. Are you?
To be challenged in growing both professionally and personally, please submit your resume to Lacy Waddell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently are looking for candidates to fill the following positions:
Store Manager- Leawood, KS
Assistant Store Manager- Leawood, KS
We are a high-performance culture that seeks exceptionally talented people. The employees at Altar’d State are passionate about fashion, their faith, and their careers. We strive to match individual talents to the right role. Every employee at Altar’d State has the opportunity to build a career that is as full and unique as they want.
Please visit our website at Altardstate.com to learn about us and explore more job opportunities!
Be part of something amazing….
We’re looking for people with retail store management experience who are ready to work differently. If you are an innovative thinker, a strategic planner, and an excellent coach, then you could be a key player in our new retail concept.
You’ll use your people skills, business smarts and creative vision to create a retail store environment that inspires both employees and customers. Put your enthusiasm and ideas to work as you develop relationships, lead training and development, and drive sales.
To make a difference in people’s lives. To lead and direct all activities required to achieve all store goals, including best of class guest service, sales objectives, human resources management, payroll, and operating expenses, loss prevention, and merchandising presentation while driving both employee and guest engagement.
- Directs guest service efforts that are consistent with Altar’d State standards; coaches employees on guest interactions to increase transactions and capture guest opportunities
- Develops team to accomplish store’s business objectives through recruitment, selection, coaching, investment, retention and motivation
- Ensures attainment of sales, payroll and inventory shortage goals
- Understands and is accountable for control of income and expense categories as relates to company’s profit and loss statements
- Directs merchandise presentation, restocking and recovery to maximize productivity
- Understands the Altar’d State culture, and ensures compliance with all Altar’d State values & practices, and store operational standards
- Maintains clean store environment
- Develops business strategy and maximizes opportunities to generate additional store volume
- Achieves quantifiable performances (net sales, DPT, UPT, payroll, shortage)
- Creates staffing matrix and controls payroll expenses
- Analyzes business reports regularly to identify problems and/or areas of opportunity
- Create a family environment, drive volume and anticipate guest needs
- Achieves excellent guest service by role-modeling company service standards
- Adheres to Human Resources standards
- Selects, hires and develops diverse talent
- Develop people to go out and grab their future
- Assesses employees consistently; reviews and communicates employee performance and deliverables
- Proactively provides timely feedback to employees, rewarding and recognizing to drive retention
- Holds self and employees accountable for achievement of financial results and statistical standards
- Manages conflict and coaches by applying company’s recommended processes, standards and guidelines
- Empowers and involves employees in decision-making processes
- Receives feedback and fosters dialog around solutions
- Develops employees through an individualized approach by matching talent with tasks and delegating and challenging
- Fosters team commitment through support, relationship building, and recognizing individual contributions
- Leads by managing through change and adversity
- Controls workflow through successful planning and delegation
- Leads execution of task directives within designated timeframes
- Schedules and staffs store appropriately
- Completes opening/closing procedures
- Adheres to loss prevention practices and is aware of and reports potential incidents, to ensure shortage control and to protect Company assets
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any potential hazards
- Maintains the store’s organization, appearance, and cleanliness
- Participates and assists in the preparation for the stores’ inventory
- Conducts store walk-throughs with team, communicating successes/opportunities in key store areas
- Communicates effectively with executive team
- Recommends ideas to improve standards and processes
- Demonstrates a desire and ability to be learner responsible and navigates the Altar’d State computer systems
- Performs register transactions quickly and efficiently
- Processes transactions accurately; able to handle cash and provide change without error
- Operates phone, answering calls with an appropriate greeting
- Understands and can clearly articulate the Company’s brand positioning, including the uniqueness of concept, current marketing and promotional initiatives, outreach events, in-store events and ministries.
- Operates with the highest levels of personal integrity and business confidentiality.
- Represents the brand by adhering to appropriate standards of dress and grooming.
- Participates and attends all store meetings.
- Proven ability to recruit, select and develop employees and hold individuals accountable for performance
- Ability to function as a role model, ensuring that the guest remains the top priority
- Ability to organize, delegate, prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow-up on all store activities
- Proven ability to respectfully challenge and motivate the team
- Knowledge of visual standards and techniques, and ability to implement and substitute within company guidelines
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to forecast and analyze business trends and manage payroll expense in order to maximize store performance
Educational requirements and experience:
- Associates or Bachelors preferred
- Two years store manager experience in the specialty retail industry with proven results