Our client is a small, fast-growth, pre-IPO software company. The company is the fastest growing leader in their space with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and one that offer career growth opportunities. The company is in growth mode and offers a competitive base salary, bonus and equity. We are currently a candidate with a strong application security background for this exciting opportunity:
Position title: Senior Application Security Engineer
Location: San Jose, California area
The Senior Application Security Engineer will work closely with the development and operations teams, and will be the primary driver for security analysis, evaluation, and improvement. This engineer will educate the teams about secure application development, and will help design and create innovative security solutions for our financial management solutions. This person will play a key role providing both strategic and tactical security advice and help in developing technology solutions which promote the security of our customers’ data.
- Responsibilities include identifying and understanding the development practices, networks and infrastructure that represent the key building blocks and operational strengths of cloud computing solutions.
- This engineer will recommend and build solutions and mitigations to address issues and mitigate exposure.
- You will lead our technology team’s security enforcement by participating in engineering design reviews and by performing in-depth security penetration testing of our entire operation.
- You will have direct input on application design, secure coding practices, log forensics, log design and application code security.
- The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience protecting against web and web services security vulnerabilities including cross-site scripting, SQL injection, DoS attacks, XML/SOAP and API attacks, email security flaws and more.
- You will stay informed about industry best practices, be aware of new and developing security attack methods, and present your insights regularly to internal development teams.
- This individual will also help acquire or build application security tools for internal use, and will champion adoption and usage of those tools.
- 5+ years of application security experience. Experience with cloud/SAAS software offerings or social media sites a huge plus.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong experience working in support for security in production systems
- Extensive programming and application development experience in multiple languages such as PHP, Java, C, and scripting languages
- Bachelor’s degree
For consideration send cover letter and resume referencing job#ISE400 to email@example.com