We are an expanding IT integration company founded in 1998 and focused on the design, implementation and ongoing support for networks within small to medium sized businesses in the Metro Boston area.
Our Systems Engineers are exposed to a broad range of products, technologies, and solutions. While in the field, our Systems Engineer will provide hands-on service to define client needs and required functionality, design and implement infrastructures as well as provide support and maintenance to client networks.
Client Site Management:
- Daily travel to client sites to provide on-site support for networks and systems.
- Deploy new servers, systems, and solutions while maintaining and supporting existing systems.
- Evaluate and process client requests for system enhancements, user training, and continuing on site support.
- Provide remote support for client systems.
- Engage in occasional work on critical systems, including on-call duties during non-business hours.
Strategic Analysis, Input and Implementation
- Perform critical analysis and synthesis of systems and infrastructures.
- Identify and pursue appropriate opportunities to enhance client systems via available market products.
- Participate on projects as a cross-functional team member supporting the growth and development of the company.
- Develop and maintain collegial peer-to-peer relationships with on-site clients and other partners on behalf of the company.
- Works closely with on site contact(s) to provide updates on relevant products, programs and issues.
- Forge relationships with IT professionals in the field to facilitate current and future collaborative efforts.
- Associates Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience and industry certifications.
- At least 2 year experience supporting end-user systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong PC and network troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of Internet connectivity methods, systems, protocols, and security.
- Understanding of VMware ESXi, VSphere, VCenter and other VMware products.
- Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Server experience preferred.
- Mac OS X, Linux, Unix, and Cisco IOS experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to forge positive relationships with customers/clients.
- Must have strong problem-solving and communication skills as well as the ability to work independently.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the USA and eligible to obtain a security clearance.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 8-paid holidays, 10 days vacation.
All Systems Engineers are provided a laptop and cell phone.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their resume and cover letter in response to this ad.