Must be able to pass FAA Drug and Federal background check
Must be able to prove US Citizenship
Must have 7 years employment history – Verifiable
Must be able to provide High School Transcripts
Under minimal supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Fabricate, using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications, cover and install flat panels and curtains. May sew simple covers using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
2. Work with fabric, vinyl and leather hides, composites and other materials using specified adhesives, sewing equipment, hardware, hand tools and various power tools.
3. Cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads and cover/install panels. May be responsible to fabricate various metal parts, fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, and windows.
4. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
1. Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Manufacturing and other process improvement techniques.
2. Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demands, track squawks and to sign-off work.
3. Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required.
4. Address unsafe conditions before putting others as risk.
5. Performs other duties as required.
Operating Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Education & Training Requirements:
High School Diploma/GED
1. Two (2) years experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades.
2. Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
Other Qualifications & Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
3. Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
4. Must be computer literate.
5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
To support the SMS program, incumbents conduct work in the safest manner possible in accordance with approved technical data and Company policies, and in a manner that enhances own/other employees’ health and safety, product safety, and promotes risk reduction; participate openly in safety-related event investigations, and immediately report workplace hazards and make suggestions for control; cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the SMS program at the local level.