CareersUSA, a leader in the staffing industry with over 30 years of experience, has another job opportunity for you:
Our client is seeking a Utilities Mechanic in Stuart, FL.
Earn $14.01 to $18.00 per hour at this full-time, temporary position.
- Monday - Friday, hours will vary but may consist of 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Skilled work in the installation, repair and preventative maintenance of Diesel Generators, Gasoline engines, mechanical and electrical equipment and machinery relative to wastewater/water systems.
- Installs and maintains mechanical and electrical equipment in lift stations/water/wastewater
- Assists in operating and maintaining collection system and water/wastewater plants, including all motors and pumps, valves, etc.
- Checks, cleans, oils, greases, adjusts and performs major repair jobs on varied and complex machinery.
- Starts and stops pumps, operates accessory equipment.
- Reads and records gauges and meters, changes charts, collects samples, performs prescribed tests and maintains extensive records.
- Performs work as related to this job description as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of inspection and maintenance for the Emergency Generators and small equipment.
- Knowledge of pumps, machinery, Diesel Generators, Gasoline engines.
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision and to make minor decisions pertaining to work problems.
- Able to locate, define and repair potential problem spots and report them promptly.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed oral and written instructions involving maintenance and repair of Diesel Generators, Gasoline engines, electrical and mechanical equipment relative to wastewater/water systems.
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Two (2) years experience in the repair and maintenance of machinery, Emergency Generators, small Equipment, pumps and electric motors, or an equivalent combination of training and experience in mechanical equipment.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver's license of a class (B) appropriate to the position.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.