- Must understand NIST special publications and be able to quickly become familiar with client-specific policies and procedures for conducting security related tasks.
- Must have the ability to develop security assessment plans, perform security assessments, and then develop security assessment reports.
- Must be able to develop technical evaluation plans and be able to assess risks using an approved methodology.
- Must be able to document and develop/deliver briefings that address risks, associated severity, and recommended countermeasures.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be clearable to the Top Secret level.
The successful candidate will have 2+ years of Security Assessment and Authorization experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in related field. If no degree, then must possess 6 years of related experience. Must possess experience with NIST standards. This includes experience executing the full life-cycle of C&A activities including: defining the certification boundary, performing formal and technical risk assessments, developing and executing Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) requirements, and developing Systems Security Plans (SSP), and/or Systems Security Authorization Agreements (SSAA) in accordance with federal and industry directives, guidelines, and best practices.
Additionally, this candidate must:
- Communicate effectively through strong written and verbal means to co-workers and senior leadership as well as to various levels of clients.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to assess and weigh current and evolving security risks in an operational environment.
- Familiarity with FIPS and NIST 800 series documentation
- Proven problem management skills with the ability to think critically – Use logic and analysis to identify the potential enhancements and flaws in security measures.
- Ability to resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Strong presentation and consulting skills.
- Strong technical skills.