Join our Team!
Maintenance Staff Job Summary:
Here’s your opportunity to “Work on the bright side®”! La Quinta Inns & Suites®, a leader in the hospitality industry, is currently searching for a maintenance worker. This position offers growth and career advancement. Job responsibilities include: repairing and maintaining the interior and exterior of the hotel while following Company standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, and safety and security. Other key duties include:
· Ensure the interior and exterior of the hotel is well maintained.
· Perform routine maintenance such as painting, carpet/floor cleaning, caulking, etc.
· Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture, fixtures and other items in the hotel.
· Perform duties of the company’s preventative maintenance program.
· Report major repair needs to the General Manager.
· Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms.
· Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, operating the hotel shuttle/van, and assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed.
Minimum Experience, Education, Skill & Physical Requirements:
· Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
· At least 1 year of related general repair experience preferred.
· Must be flexible in hours and days worked.
· Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and up to 140 pounds with assistance.
· Must be able to walk, stand, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, push, pull and twist the majority of the day.
· Must display very good organization and time management skills.
Who is La Quinta?
We help brighten the day of our busy, practical, hardworking travelers and help them take care of their business or leisure travel needs. We provide the best hotel rooms, warmest hotel atmosphere and most courteous service in our market segment at every hotel, every night.
Our Goal, it's easy
We want for every guest to wake up on the bright side while staying at our hotel. We offer clean and comfortable guest rooms with a dose of advertising humor to help our guest feel optimistic and happy no matter what the day holds. A great portion of this comes directly from our employees attitudes. And as if that wasn’t enough, we offer our guest free Bright Side™ breakfast, free hi-speed Internet while they stay with us and comfy beds. Many of our properties include pools and well equipped work-out facilities.
What sets us apart?
Every team member plays a vital role in the success of our family and growth. We are not a conglomerate of hotels brands that make decision on panel of “experts”. We make an effort to know all our employees and help them grow through our training program. While we may be one of the largest owner-operators of hotels in North America, we are a family first.
La Quinta is proud to be the only hotel company who has been accepted as a member of AARP’s National Employer Team and the first hotel company certified as an Age Friendly Employer by RetirementJobs.com.
At La Quinta, we have a culture by which we are never satisfied. It doesn’t matter how well we have done something in the past or how well we may do it today, our goal is to continually improve. Our operating philosophy is very simple:
Everything we do at La Quinta truly revolves around our people, our product and our service.
We work just as hard to create a work environment that’s equally inviting and with many benefits: