Get new similar jobs by email for
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The purpose of this position is to support the manufacturing of BioThrax® vaccine within EBOL’s new vaccine manufacturing facility. This is a senior level technician position that will focus on the steps needed to directly manufacture the vaccine. The majority of the time, within this role, will be spent working on fermentation and downstream operations. Additional time will be spent working in the support areas of B55 (including, but not limited to media preparation and hydration, and facility and equipment cleaning and sterilization), employee training and development.
• Maintains training on Technician level job tasks; Supports Technician level activities as needed
• Remains current on all training in assigned qualification blocks
• Executes and documents procedural steps to cGMP standards
• Completes all daily tasks with appropriate clean room behavior
• Performs daily assignments with minimal supervision
• Operates all automated equipment through the use of DeltaV and PLC based control systems - Media/Solution prep, Fermentation and Downstream
• Aseptic processing
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
• HS Diploma or equivalent and minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a cGMP environment
• Knowledge of cGMP and CFR requirements preferred
• Strong communication skills: oral/written
• Personal Competencies: Self-awareness, Integrity, Team player, Creative, and Culturally aware
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, lift/carry 50lbs, and pull 100lbs. Use phone, copier, computer, copier, and hand tools. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, calibrate precise measurements, problem-solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, and prepare written communications. Work around noise above conversation level and with restricted access to laboratory.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.