Automotive Service Writer/Advisor
Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
* Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
* Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
* Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
* Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
* Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
* Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
* Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Equipment Maintenance, Lifting, Problem Solving, Reporting Research Results, Quality Focus, Productivity, Estimating, Product Knowledge, Customer Service, Problem Solving, Safety Management
About Moss Bros. Auto Group
Moss Bros. Auto Group History
In 1921, "Red" Moss, Sr. opened his first dealership in Blythe, California. Little did he know that his small dealership would be the genesis of an automotive legacy spanning four generations of hard working, dedicated professionals who personify the American dream.
He opened a Dodge dealership in Riverside, CA in 1938. His son "Ade" Moss, Jr. later joined the ranks and they opened the nation's first auto center in 1965, called "The Riverside Auto Center." Red instilled a "customer-first" approach for the car business in Ade, who then passed it on to his sons "Jay" Moss, III and Glenn Moss, Sr.
Jay and Glenn expanded the company with the addition of Moss Bros. Dodge in San Bernardino in 1987. Ade retired and proudly watched his sons continue a family legacy. Unfortunately, tragedy struck the Moss family in 2004 when Jay passed away unexpectedly. Yet his spirit lives on in the Moss family of employees and the Moss Bros. Auto Group tradition, to which he contributed immeasurably.