Get new similar jobs by email for
Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager – Machine Translation / Machine Learning / AI
Location: Maidenhead / Los Angeles / London / Home based (Must be willing to travel)
If you are enthusiastic about Machine Learning, Machine Translation and the latest NLP developments, have a strong background in products and technologies for enterprise solutions (cloud & on premise), and like to create market leading products and solutions, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
As Product Manager for the SDL Translate products, you will be responsible for defining the vision, developing the strategy and contributing to the product roadmap. You will work closely with SDL’s product development teams and strategic partners to deliver the SDL Translate product offerings. The Product Manager serves as a product champion by deeply understanding not only customer requirements but also having a strong understanding of the overall market landscape, evangelizing these requirements and objectives with multiple product teams across SDL.
What you’ll do:
* Define and lead the product strategy and work with product development, UX and strategic partners to meet those requirements
* Engage with field account sales, product marketing, communication, developers, and customers as an all-around product resource to explain functionality, demonstrate benefits, and build relationships to grow the business.
* Engage with customers pre- and post-sales to understand requirements and drive successful roll-out and implementation of new product capabilities
* Manage cross-functional projects by providing project leadership and daily management throughout the project from inception to delivery.
* Proactively identify, prioritize and drive resolution to project issues.
* Oversee market research and monitor competitive activity
* Prepare for business reviews, financial analysis & forecasting
* Engage with regional sales and product marketing around Go-To-Market plans
* Explore promotions and partnerships to extend product line into new customers, verticals, education, and late adopters
* Engage with operations and legal to maintain the logistical aspects of the business
What you need to succeed:
* Passion for and solid understanding of Machine Translation, NLP, AI, Machine Learning, Cloud Deployment
* Prior experiences in enterprise software development and management
* Self-starter with proven ability to successfully kick-start new initiatives and to drive complex issues through analysis and resolution.
* Excellent written and communication skills and equally able to talk to engineers, senior executives, and customers.
* Strong analytic skills and ability to evaluate alternatives and make compelling recommendations based on solid business case analysis.
* Strong understanding and experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
* Willingness to develop knowledge in new technologies and Product Management techniques
* Expects and requires innovation
* Natural ability to dive into an unknown area to explore, ask the right questions, get your hands dirty and quickly become an expert
* Able to easily transition between high level strategy to day-to-day implementation.
* Results driven, attention to detail and follow-through, and ability to work effectively at all levels within the organization and with partners.
* Able to work equally effectively with customers and peers to drive direction on product requirements and decisions.
* Proven track record of Enterprise customer interactions
* MBA or BA/BS with minimum of 3 years product management or equivalent experience
* Willingness and ability to travel, including international travel