About the Job
SouthTech Systems, “Software that Makes a Difference™ “, is dedicated to making a difference in the way government agencies work. Specializing in the development and implementation of eGovernment and eBusiness software solutions, we equip public agencies with products, services and enterprise solutions that automate manual processes and improve staff productivity.
We currently have an opportunity for a strong application specialist to support our applications. We have job openings for a salaried, full time position, at our offices located in Riverside, CA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer:
§ Competitive wages commensurate with experience
§ Paid holidays and paid time off
§ Sustainable work-life balance
§ Health Insurance
· You will be expected to learn the application and key concepts quickly with a high level of retention.
· Answer incoming support calls, emails and verbal requests for technical assistance.
· Provide guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on questions, problems, and software enhancement requests.
· Document and track all activity and correspondences throughout the life-cycle of the customer engagement.
· Diagnose problems through customer interaction, troubleshooting, and test case examples.
· Escalate and engage with other team members, in a timely manner, when a solution is unclear.
· Ongoing customer account management, both new and existing.
· Train existing and new customers, via Webex, on our turnkey solutions.
· Make recommendations to improve services, processes, or application functionality recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Each potential team member should possess strengths in the following traits:
· 6 Key Work Ethic Disciplines
Ø Sense of Responsibility
Ø Sense of Teamwork
Ø Emphasis on Quality
· Must have the mindset to be the “Champion” for the customer and enjoy a support desk team environment
· Highly motivated with strong problem solving abilities
· Desire to learn and grow in your knowledge
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Organized and highly detail oriented
· Ability to communicate complex issues to different levels of users in a professional, positive, understandable and friendly manner
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Skilled at managing multiple tasks and projects effectively
· Must be a team player with high energy and a positive attitude
· Patient, quick learner, effective problem solver
· Creative, highly self-motivated, professional, business-minded
- Recognize, communicate and facilitate training needs for the department and the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred local or within 20 minutes to Riverside office
- · Must have a minimum 3 years customer service in the software development industry. Call center experience a plus.
- · Must have solid computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- · Must be a logical quick thinker with a proactive approach to work.
- · Training Experience (Face to Face, Remote and by telephone)
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and levels
- · Must be legally entitled to work in the United States
- · Must be able to pass a company required background check due to proprietary and confidential information.
These additional skills are HIGHLY desired
o Fluency in Russian or Armenian
o Microsoft Project and Visio (2010/2013) functions and methodologies.
o Knowledge in Federal, State, and City election processes.