About the Job
We are looking to immediately hire a highly organized, self-motivated insurance defense litigation paralegal to work in a fast-paced, growing law firm in downtown Dallas. Medical insurance furnished by employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Compiles evidence by searching records, discovery documents, transcripts, and databases; interviewing clients, third parties, and expert witnesses.
* Prepares legal documents for attorneys’ approval; assisting in the preparation of discovery.
* Oversees cases by managing files and documents; coordinating with support services and clients, opposing law firms, and courts; managing court docket calendar; maintaining schedules and deadlines; generating status reports, logs, and indexes; processing settlement papers and payments.
* Prepares for trial by preparing trial notebooks, exhibits, witness files and demonstrative exhibits.
* Prepares witnesses by detailing background information; interviewing witnesses; preparing interview summaries and statements.
* Composes legal abstracts by summarizing deposition, arbitration, hearing, trial, and other transcripts.
* 5 years of experience in litigation and trial support in federal and state courts, including discovery, case management, and trial preparation.
* Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
* Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors. Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
* Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate in person, by e-mail and telephone and follow the instruction effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff, and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
* Proficient in word; and using office equipment such as computer, scanner, and photocopiers.
Please Apply Directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org